GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Updated tracks View next topic
View previous topic
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've finally got around to starting on a project I've wanted to do for ages ,that is updating the original tracks ,I have started with Jarama
Removed the blue covers from the 9 Giant TV screens with a seperate picture for each ,split up a lot of the duplicated advertising signs to give extra sponsors added trackside speakers ,extra trees to cover open spots in track ,split race track so it can have varied textures ( skid marks on start line etc )added extra gravel traps ,split up the ground texture si its not all the same ,add extra buildings ,I am not trying to make it more accurate just to make the tracks less boring
Steve
rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i hope u can convert them back to dk4 ok....coz i tried editing Phillip Island a long time ago, but every time the CC_ and TGA textures would play up on the new model, even though i made no error with them.....so watch out for that Wink

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everything is working ok ,It's only a single file at the moment but will have to split it up I suppose
It's been a bit of messing around but have been able to add extra grand stands and the speakers etc with only using deep exploration
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I can make the new exit for PI will try it after Jarama is complete
probabably about 95% complete ,just need to add a couple more of the camera men ,also updated the pat file so the riders wont run off at the first left hand turn
rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked whoa that would be the greatest thing ever if you could do the PI pit exit, it looks difficult because of the raised infield, you need to move it back to make room for the pit exit...but its probably not that difficult if you know how to edit the model objects, which i dont... Embarassed i only know how to move them around and resize them lol

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've finished Jarama will try PI .One thing you might be able to help me with .I have Jarama as single file works fine in the game ,I can split it into 5 files Track ,land ,Clutter ,Buildings and Trees ,I execute all the Bat files and it makes all the .DK4 files I put them all into the track folder and it only shows the race line
If I put the track.Lst file the game crashes and says it cant find terrain.dk4 in the conversion folder
each files frame name is x3ds_L_0 ,x3ds_L_1 etc and they all seem to convert okay
Does any one have a bat file and INI files like the bike ones where the files are named track_L0 track_L1 etc and where the ini files requires 5 LOD's similar to bike conversion
Any that has modified ( Grooveski I think )original tracks has managed to convert the track back to a single track.dk4 from 5 files
Thanks Steve
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what the problem was I didn't edit the track.lst file ,couldn't find anything in the guide about that
Can split up Jarame now and post it to the store
Steve

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic