GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Speedway testing View next topic
View previous topic
rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i recently converted this track from rFactor, just to test different surfaces and physics, to investigate the possiblity of Speedway racing in GP500 Wink

currently im using the ROAD_DIRT surface (768 in surftype.txt) and with normal MotoGP physics, its possible to ride around at 70-100kmh....but you must be careful with turning and keep the revs down lol

anyway, im pretty sure that something could be developed which will enable the bikes to slide the rear wheel around the turns, but not highside at the end of the turn...
and perhaps using manual lean to make the turns, but using steering to steer the opposite direction to make it really realistic Wink

basically, we need a bike physic with more power (500cc), less weight (80kg) and no brakes! Very Happy im pretty sure it can be done, but it will take time...and then we would need models too, and even a new rider animation Embarassed

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Fonnia
Racer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah! If it goes on it will be really nice to make some dirt track there. About physics i dont know if something like Xanax┬┤s supermotard bikeset will work good, but rider animation surely could be taken from there, with riders extending inner leg while turning... Did you try that?
rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no, but i will now Smile thanks

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
BergerFan
Racer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great job! Seeing as you can convert from rFactor, I beg you to have a go at converting the rFactor Suzuka(GP4) track. Such a great track. The default Suzuka is one that really needs replacing!
Smile

rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ive tried, with two different versions, but they are too buggy for me lol, if the model requires any manipulation, i just give up at that point lol Embarassed

Chicane version (with 2nd chicane just after the hairpin):
- Bugs with the pit biuldings (floating in wrong position), plus the fact that its the wrong track configuration lol...

Not sure which this one is, maybe the GP4 version:
- as you can see, the rest of the model is too large to convert to DK4 Sad and the GND has a bug which makes you fall through the road as in this pic Surprised

and i dont plan on going back to them, too much hassle lol
plus, both of them are nowhere near as fluent and bike-friendly as the GP500 version Wink

diddy
Racer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

woww speedway looks fun, wouldnt the model be abit hard to model, with the sliding etc..

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

not really...the hard part is the physics, without that its not possible at all Wink
anyway, thats the point that its fun...i'm not exactly a speedway fan and i've seen maybe 3 races in my life lol but i imagine that it would be great in GP500 Cool

still getting nowhere on this, but i still believe that there could be a way to do it....it depends on the limitations of the physics...
somthing else that would be necessary in the physics would be to limit the lean angle of the bike (i think that is possible) without making it feel too heavy and rigid as a result....anything to stop me from crashing on the corners lol
it would still need more steering angle though, and maximum front end grip...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic