GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I am here...where are you? View next topic
View previous topic
CURVE
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i see there's people all over the world here.... wondering if anyone in my area is in here... thought it might be cool to get to know our fellow forumers and where they're at and from....cheers. Smile

me.....i live in Austin, Texas, USA... 2nd Generation American.
Spanish American (Gramy, aka welita and Grampa, aka welito are from Spain.

where are you?..any one in my area?.......... SALUDE! Razz

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sadly there arent many guys from the States in GP500, probably as the game was sold most readily in Australia & Europe...but it had KR Jr on the cover of the European version, so i dunno why alot of Americans didnt get into it Sad but there is still time! hehe Smile

i can tell you the only 2 US guys i can think of that have visited here more than once: Drillah and JoeLanza Wink

me, im 24, and a descendent of Irish convicts i think lol Razz
3rd or 4th generation Australian (Victorian), and i live in the outer-eastern suburbs of Melbourne...just a 1hr drive (40min ride lol) to Phillip Island! Very Happy
i always go down there in summer, for the surf beaches, but mostly to see the preseason testing Smile
havent gone to the GP since '98, mostly coz none of my m8s are into bike racing Crying or Very sad lol

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
rossi_fan
Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, if we're doing the whole introduction thing...
i'm 18, from Buckinghamshire, so i'm fairly central to most of the motorsport stuff in Britain, which is kinda cool. i recently started studying for a degree in motorsport and motorcycle engineering at Coventry Uni, which is pretty good so far. in my spare time, i marshall with the BMCRC (the club Bradley Smith, Casey Stoner and Shane Byrne, to name a few, started road racing with Cool ), which can be awesome, except when it's cold and raining lol. i also do a bit of mountain biking when i can. and, of course, i watch as much MotoGP as much as humanly possible Twisted Evil

Last edited by rossi_fan on Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well i'm a bit older than you boys... Embarassed 33..
(like a fine wine...you know the rest. Very Happy )
i'm part of the CMRA (Central Motorcycle Racing Association)... i run sprints on a R6, endurance on a SV650 thats been modded.., also corner work when i can't race, i'm a huge motorcycle/race/MotoGP fan.. so thats where i spend most of my free time... Wink
so basically i'm on a bike just about all the time, whether it's for going back and fourth to work, tearing up some back roads in the hill country, on the track, or on a video game! my girlfriend thinks i have a problem. Surprised

i'm sure the reason few Americans are on this site has to do with the sport of Moto GP not being well known in the states...sad really, Crying or Very sad
which is frustrating to say the least, coverage here is a joke, i've been getting live feeds from the GP site for years.. but NASCAR!..its on all day every day. crap that "sport" Mad

if i were you, i'd live at Phillip Island!..and you need new friends if you're not at that GP every year!! Very Happy
CURVE
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous wrote:
well i'm a bit older than you boys... Embarassed 33..
(like a fine wine...you know the rest. Very Happy )
i'm part of the CMRA (Central Motorcycle Racing Association)... i run sprints on a R6, endurance on a SV650 thats been modded.., also corner work when i can't race, i'm a huge motorcycle/race/MotoGP fan.. so thats where i spend most of my free time... Wink
so basically i'm on a bike just about all the time, whether it's for going back and fourth to work, tearing up some back roads in the hill country, on the track, or on a video game! my girlfriend thinks i have a problem. Surprised

i'm sure the reason few Americans are on this site has to do with the sport of Moto GP not being well known in the states...sad really, Crying or Very sad
which is frustrating to say the least, coverage here is a joke, i've been getting live feeds from the GP site for years.. but NASCAR!..its on all day every day. crap that "sport" Mad

if i were you, i'd live at Phillip Island!..and you need new friends if you're not at that GP every year!! Very Happy

guess i should log in before i post a? Laughing Laughing

anyhow, i have this weekend free...i'll be trying to get all of GP500 set up, it's difficult for me cause i'm not PC savy...been spoiled for years with console GP games on-line...i really can't wait to get some on-line races going with you boys...start stealing some "W's" from you all! Wink Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If everybody is doing so, i'll introduce myself too.

I'm Mike Broekhof and i'm 13 years old. I am dutch, which is pretty cool if you think away the weather. I live 2 hours driving from the TT-circuit of assen. I go there every year to watch the motogp and superbike and all the other motorsports stuff. I stay there whole weekends to check the practices too.

I'm currently doing a bilingual school although my english still isn't that good Wink (Might be because i'm always busy with motorsports)

And that's pretty much all i can say about me. (or what i can think of now)

Cheerio,
spike681
Racer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CURVE wrote:
guess i should log in before i post a? Laughing Laughing

Guess your right
Razz

Forgot that too Wink

Cheerio,
Midero
Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I’m Michael, 24 years old guy from Holland. Live since September 2005 in Norway…..went up here cuz I wanted sumptin new in my life. Found myself a Norwegian girl end of February and since august we live together Smile She’s a big fan of motorsports as well which is cool cuz then I’m allowed to watch motogp lol……though she loves F1 instead of motogp (trying to convince her that motogp is way better but no success so far). Motogp is my passion since the time I opened my eyes for the first time in my life I guess lol.
Play gp500 since the day it got released in Holland and never stopped loving it, think I like it more every year Smile Making bike skins is what keeps me busy a lot as well……though lately I don’t spend much time with my comp and don’t have a lot of inspiration :S
Think it’s a shame gp500 is not so known in the US…..but as Rez said it’s not too late for that to change Razz

Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mike here from the Seattle area in the USA.
Old fart at 39.
Been playing GP500 on and off for several years.
Don't have a real bike anymore; crashed it within inches of my life back in '94 on old HWY 74 in Palm Desert, CA. (Although I'd like to have another bike i'm comfortable just being a virtual rider).
My bike fan highlight was attending the '93 USGP and watching freakboy JK kick everyones but on the Cagiva.
I haven't played GP500 for several weeks now but i'm up for it now I think...rign me on icq, yahoo, aol or msn chat. (My msn is usually on when i'm online).

Racer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ted from Gisborne, north west of Melbourne (in the bush lol).
Had Gp500 since it was new and just can't put it to rest.........another old fart at 44. Rolling Eyes
Into pocket bikes at the moment and still able to beat my kids racing around. Wink Very Happy
Avid follower of bike racing for years and must have every race of Motogp for the last few years on video just for watching in the shed on a weekend.
zozo
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zole from Croatia here..22 years old,college student. Ride a cbr1000rr4 and I think that what you guys have done with this game is fantastic. Keeping the best ever riding simulator alive by making it perfect. Good stuff. Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic