GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Misano raceline editing (PAT) View next topic
View previous topic
zaidon
Racer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The final raceline for Misano has been sent to the Store under this package:

keep on eye to the Store main page for it's availability.

It has 2 version of PAT files. One for \Aust folder and the other for \Jarama folder. Each PAT file is not exchangable between them. The \Aust folder is a bit off at the chicane.

zaidon.
Seby#19
Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you send it to the store Zaidon?

Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's already there Sp4wN

srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi zaidon
i had a request to make pat files for an upcoming set ,phillip Island was to be the second round instead of Johor ,here's the strange thing ,I unzipped Aust.dkz file and copied the files to Johor folder ,worked out the corner factor was different 3.45 for philip Island conpared to 3.26 for Johor so I multiplied all the corner speed by 1.06 to give the same speeds in each corner ,but even though at the original Philip Island and the modified one the corner speed for the last corner was the same 163KPH there was 10kph difference down the main straight 301 for original and 292 for the other one ,both using same bike and rider .Any Ideas what may cause this ,I've had this at a few tracks the bike just gets to 292 and still has room for more but wont
Use the same trackdata.txt file as well
This all adds to the frustration
Steve
zaidon
Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Steve,

Swap the track data between Johor and Aust in All Rider.DAT might fix the problem.

Another option is to adjust the braking distant for each corner but is the hard to get it right. Also Acceleration adjustment to match the Johor track engine settings in rider data.
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Zaidon ,thanks for the tips ,It gave me some ideas and I ran the same bike at each of the two PI tracks and both entered the main straight at the same speed but what I found was at the modified track it didn't rev as high down the main straight so I can assume that the AI riders have different gearing for each track ,which would be near impossible for any track folder changes
Steve
zaidon
Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, Basically each track has different gearing ratio. If you planned to used other directory other than it's own, you have to make the directory specific PAT file for the same track. The PAT file should have to push the track setup to it's limits. The line still the same, only the distance between each points need to be changed.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic