GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Phillip Island 1950's View next topic
View previous topic
itsmee
Racer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rezist,I'm sure I remember reading in an old post about you making the original Phillip Island circuit...........are you?
Would be great to see Very Happy
I know the area well,my in-laws had a holiday house across the road from Hell Corner for years Wink
Even walked around the original track once or twice Very Happy Wink
rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have driven round there a few times lol, of course these days there are roundabouts and intersections everywhere, but its still basically in the same layout, except for a little bit at Gentle Anne corner where u cant drive lol
they raced here on unsealed roads back then...coated with racing oil for grip lol

i stay in Red Rocks Road once a year when i go down there in summer...just near Heaven Corner Cool

anyway, once i learn some basic modelling i will probably try this one first, coz it looks like an easy track to do....only the paddocks and bushland will be harder to make...one of these days...there is also the club circuit and the TT circuit which stretches all the way down to Rhyll.....maybe that would be too long for GP500 (about 15km)...i dont know

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
srsully
Champion

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rez
Didn't realise they raced around the roads of phillip Island ,I remember going to the circuit in the early 70's before it closed down and seeing Ron Toombes lapping the field in the wet on a Kawasaki 2 stroke
Havn't forgotten the project you mentioned but am having trouble getting pictures,Am also remaking the Pat file for bathurst after losing the last one if you want it
steve

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic