GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Best racing you have seen in 2005? View next topic
View previous topic
MCDodd
Racer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have to say the Australian Superbikes and Supersports have been the highlight of the year for me. Close racing but much cleaner and on better circuits than BSB.

For the quality of riders they have in BSB you would expect some of the Go Cart tracks they race on to be replaced with more rounds on the GP circuits.

Both Aussie championships were decided in the last race of the last round at Philip Island two weekends ago. Absolutely brilliant racing with Josh Brooks and Shaun Giles ending up on equal points with a countback giving Brooks the championship.

He also won the Supersport championship and is pursuing a World Superbike ride for 2006.

In the BSB for 2006, watch out for Craig Coxhell. He did a season in 2004 but has a crap bike. He did brilliantly in the World Superstock this year and is racing for Hawke Kawasaki in BSB next year.

MotoGP was fairly Ho Hum.

250cc was very good and the 125s were excellent.

WSBK was quite good but didn't live up to expectations. 2006 should be brilliant.

World Supersport was boring but he new Yamahas will eat the Hondas next year. Kevin Curtain took one out of the box, put on some good rubber and lapped as fast as the Yamaha he has been racing all year!!

AMA Motocross was booooooring.

AMA Supercross was boooooring.

Worl Speedway was quite good with some new talent coming through.

World Motocross lacked any close racing.

AMA Superbikes were ineteresting but also let down by Mickey Mouse circuits.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

id say BSB has just as many good circuits, or more, but they have much more rounds than FX i think Cool

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
LaZy_tJaI
Champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

World Supersport was awesome donno is you seen all of them but was allot of close battles between the ten kate guys. First race Qatar was cool with fujiwara who was last on the grid and won the race too.

Wss was more close for top 1 spot than in AMA sbk and world sbk. Ama it was always the same guy who rode away for 10 sec and won the race and same with Wsbk but in second half, finally the others could catch him.

Motogp is much more exciting than rossi was on the honda. Rossi have to battle to win but also some time its very predictable when whats going to happen. But some races were very exciting to see back borders riding suddenly in the front. Most exciting i think was China where OJ came from the back to the front and almost catching rossi, only if there was one lap more than he would been on top of the podium.

250cc is mostly boring cause you know the strategy of Pedrosa. He always just follow then when he get bored or see the other are going slower or few laps before finish he just overtake them and ride away.

125cc was cool but stupid how Luthi won the champ. I think kallio really want to give some punches to his team mate for making him to miss his champ by 5 points. I thought simoncelli would be much more competitive but i think he would be champ next year.

rezist
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

forgetting Jerez anyone? lol

that was the entire motogp season right there lol
it was all over after the first race lol

now a good championship is a guy winning the last race to tie the lead on 279 points, then to win the championship on a countback (most wins)...Josh Brookes Smile
Australian Superbike and Supersport Champion

nice bikes too lol
i can guarantee you he is getting fried in that picture lol

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Juanito
Legend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WSB wasn't very exciting. Since Brno the rest could battle with Corser.

WSS wasn't too exciting either. Couple of years ago you had groups of ten or fifteen riders battleing for the victory.

125 was awesome. Very Happy

250 was nice too, but Pedrosa was clearly the best rider out there.

MotoGP was a bit sour I think. First race Gibernau cracked. Melandri and Hayden weren't consistent enough, so Rossi could open up a big lead on points.

Best race this year, MotoGP Istanbul.

Best race ever, still Imola 2002 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been watching old tapes of the 2000 and 2001 world superbikes, that count? Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the best race i saw this year was at lydden hill while i was marshalling at an MRO round. there was some extra time to spare, so the organisers set up a special sidecar handicap race over about 8 laps i think. one of the outfits racing was the newly crowned world champions, Tim and Tristan Reeves, and they were starting furthest behind. coming out of the penultimate corner (the one i was marshalling at), three outfits were really close. one of the outfits was, to be fair, much older and slower than the other two, and as the three outfits exited the corner, one outfit (Tim and Tristan) went to the left of the slower outfit which moved over to let them past. this was when he realised that the third outfit (Sean and Mark Heggarty) had tried to go to the left of the slow outfit. going into the last corner, all three outfits were level, and over the line, the top two outfits were seperated by 0.3 seconds.

just goes to show that some of the best racing is at club level Smile

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still got some tapes of dutch and european 'superbike' and supersport races of late in the last century. After 1990. These races are the best.
With Lex van Dijk, and Wilco Zeelenberg etc on top of those days.
Did anyone know that lex van dijk won the 1994 daytona on a Britten?
Daytona races are also very cool to watch.

MalMan
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anybody know when kawa and yamaha are going to be full factory in wsbk again?
dRInGo
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i thought yamaha was in sbk as factory team (The Belgarda Team).... or am i wrong there?

Dunno where, but i believe ive read somewhere, that PSG-1 and kawasaki were going fulltime for 2006. But again... i properbly wrong
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
MCDodd
Racer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk Kawasaki was chosen as the WSBK Team and are planing to run both a BSB and World team.

Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MCDodd wrote:
Hawk Kawasaki was chosen as the WSBK Team and are planing to run both a BSB and World team.

so that would be a chance for Walker to get on the Kwak again Razz
If he wasn't already signed to PSG-1

Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ummm PSG-1 is a Kawasaki mate....

Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

adamhughes wrote:
Ummm PSG-1 is a Kawasaki mate....

so he is riding for PSG-1 next year?

Cuz they also signed Laconi and maybe Nieto???

GV27
Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nieto is confirmed there, at PSG-1, and i'm sure walker also is, so 3 factory bikes for PSG-1, now they just hope the new kawa is actually fast... Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic