GP500Store.co.uk Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Shaun Harris... View next topic
View previous topic
rossi_fan
Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the ACU (the governing body of british motorcycle racing if you didn't know Wink ) have really out done themselves this time, and have refused Shaun Harris's entry to the TT. Their reasoning is that he hasn't raced this year and, under the new licence rules, he apparently needs to have completed three races. fair enough if this was an amateur racer we were talking about, but does the fact that he's a 2 time winner not count for anything?
if i didn't know better, i'd say the ACU are trying to wreck motorcycle racing in Britain... Evil or Very Mad

P.S. here's a link to a topic on this subject on the IOMTT website: http://www.iomtt.com/idealbb/view.asp?forumID=1&catID=1&topicID=9243&pageNo=1&num=20

Champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol, he should read the fine prints of the contracts. But nothing else you can do about it , better luck next time.

rossi_fan
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

he's been running a race team in new zealand over the winter, and didn't find out he needed to complete these races until a few days ago. bit late really seeing as he has to have completed them by the end of March Evil or Very Mad

Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rules are rules and they made an announcement to the press months ago, it has been in all of the major bike rags and websites so there is no excuse.

Being a two time winner means sod all. If I was a newcomer and had done my 3 races before the start of the season even, out of my own pocket, I'd be more then pissed off he he just rolled up to the start without doing so.

And those new rules are just trying to make it safer just it seems they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Crying about anything the ACU do with the TT will just make them give up on it, I doubt they make any money on the event and are probably sick to death with everyone moaning about what they do elsewhere.
rossi_fan
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DrBob wrote:
I doubt they make any money on the event

i take it you mean other than the £80,000 the manx government pay the ACU to run the TT.
oh, and the additional £15,000 they get from the TT licence

do you really think the ACU would do anything if there wasn't money to be made?

Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So they don't pay out on prize money, ambulancesand medical support, flying marshalls and training for the new marshalls that join at the event, timing equipment, announcers and tannoy system for a 38 mile circuit, transport and the wages for thier own staff. That's all free I take it.

The ACU run the event because who else is there, who else has the time and resources. The event only just takes place year after year, each year that passes there are less people attending (mainly down to Steam Packet ripping everyone off), no more big names or manufacturer support, every death the dirt rags scream louder and louder, and the ACU are slagged off more and more every year.

It probably won't even take place in 5 years time. There are better road races that take place over the year that are easier and cheaper to get to, and above all easier and cheaper to run. Just the fools look at the IoM, ohhhhh it's 38 miles long, it's a real test etc.... it's a waste of time, the Manx GP is a better event.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic